I went to get my first microdermabrasion facial and had a small panic attack when they asked me to sign a release form saying I wouldn’t sue if my face fell off. I guess I didn’t know that microdermabrasion roughly translates to that one episode of Sex and the City where Samantha has like 10 layers of skin removed!? Panic attack. I tried backing out, then the aesthetician promised me it would feel more like a cat licking my face which naturally got me 100% on board with the procedure. It turned out to be nothing like either SatC or a cat facial, but my skin came out baby butt smooth which is awesome. Someone should look into cat facials, there’s for sure money in that. Also, extractions are the best/worst thing ever.
Did you know Nutter Butters are vegan? And Oreo’s? Fun facts!
So Trader Joe’s is having a “Food on a Stick” contest – submit a recipe with 6 ingredients max, all from TJs, with under 20 min. prep time – et voila, these little dippers were born! I actually just wanted an excuse to make/eat these PB squares because they’re life changing, thank you Alicia Silverstone.
FRUIT & PB CHOCOLATE DIPPERS
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: Around 2 hours
- 6 cups Trader Joe’s crisp rice cereal
- 1 bottle (11.75 oz) Trader Joe’s blue agave sweetener
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s crunchy peanut butter
- 1 bar Trader Joe’s dark chocolate
- 2 Trader Joe’s bananas
- 10-15 Trader Joe’s strawberries
- In a saucepan, combine agave and peanut butter and heat on low, stir until combined.
- Pour cereal into a large bowl, pour agave & peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and spread evenly to create a solid rectangle. Lick the empty bowl. You heard me.
- Refrigerate or freeze peanut butter mixture until cooled and hardened (1-2 hours).
- When the peanut butter mixture is almost set, slice the bananas and strawberries (width-wise). Or just cut the tops off the strawberries if you’re using smaller ones.
- Once the cereal mixture is hardened, use a knife to cut into small squares.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating one piece of peanut butter cereal square, one slice of banana, one slice of strawberry, and so on. Repeat until you’ve got as many skewers as you like!
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan on low heat. Using a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over assembled skewers. Serve more on the side for dipping.
- Eat immediately!